Picture proof

"Save the headline to last". That's what I used to say to my students when they were writing an essay. So I'll follow my own advice and wait until I'm finished with this post to see where it's going. Because right now I really don't know. Giving a recount of the latest news is quite boring, but I'll go ahead and do it anyway.

So, what's up? May was the most busy month in a long time. Looking back it's hard to understand how I managed to squeeze in that many things in just one month. A lot of service, work and practice hours went in to this period. Yet, somehow, I also had time to hang out with friends and watch a few of Sweden's games in the world championships in ice-hockey. May 21 I participated in the largest half marathon in the world here in Gothenburg. It was my fifth half marathon in total, and the most enjoyable!

One of my friends from California visited me in the beginning of June. We went to the west coast of Sweden - one of the wonders of the world according to BBC and to me - and the capital, Stockholm. And a bunch of other places. We were really getting around! I highly recommend visiting Sweden in the summer time, because the days are long and the nature is gorgeous. Imagine the amounts of energy you get with 18 hours of daylight each day.

Here are some pictures to prove my point. :)

Late night barbeque at Mount Sörhall. It's in our territory!










Smögen - one of the main tourist attractions on the west coast


Hunnebostrand - my absolute favorite place

Took the first swim of the year in Hunnebostrand




This photo was taken at 11 pm. It's madness!

We stayed at this lovely hotel in Kungshamn, right by the water


Swimming again. This time at Hamburgö


Fjällbacka

Stockholm

Stockholm

Roaming the narrow alleys in Old Town, Stockholm

Old Town, Stockholm


"I can't stop"


Catching up with friends



The amusement park Gröna Lund in Stockholm







Then we saw a thousand year old oak in Vimmerby

Teeny, tiny town of Vimmerby

Meanwhile, in Gothenburg...

View from Gothia Towers, Gothenburg

This is what you will bring home from Sweden. Lots and lots of delicious chocolate!



Comments