I'm entitled to my emotions

To tell the truth I get annoyed with many things, but I don't always show it. Why should I when it's not relevant? However, you can't always control your emotions, and they encompass everything from agitation to helplessness. I feel more comfortable in expressing my irritation than my sadness. And when I do get upset it's incredibly annoying when someone tells you to keep your cool. Excuse me, I know that's the norm and that you might feel uncomfortable when I'm not happy and smiling, but sometimes it takes a while for my emotions to catch up with my sensibility. Just allow me to feel, and it will pass on its own. If I'm forced to keep it on hold it will just come back ten times worse.

I never cry in public (except for that one time when I had my first back spasm and didn't realize where the excruciating pain came from and crossed the town square bawling my eyes out). But if I did, the worst thing anyone could say to me would be: There, there. Stop crying. Why? Because it makes you feel uneasy? Then leave or don't say anything at all.

Now when I think about it, I actually got so mad that I cried the first time I worked as a substitute teacher and the kids just totally ignored my instructions. I yelled at them in the classroom, then stormed out and started crying. My coworkers saw it and told me to stop. They're not worth it. Maybe not. But I'm worth it. Besides, I couldn't stop it.

I have more to say on this subject, so there will be an update. Soon.

Comments