Is there anyone out there?

Hey everybody!

Long time no see. On a side note, this is a peculiar expression, to which I haven't given much thought. However, now when I see it in writing its ungrammatical nature really strikes me as... interesting.

Anyway, let's leave that and move on. Speaking of moving on, I feel the urge to tell an anecdote from on of my absolute favorite tv shows, Gilmore Girls. It involves the main character Lorelei and her mother, who, after 40 years of marriage, is newly separated. To Lorelei's great surprise, her mother announces that she is ready to date again. Despite being completely appalled, Lorelei manages to keep her witty sense of humor, rambles something about the importance of moving on and finishes the whole thing by blurting out "MOVEON.ORG". Not that this little story has anything to do with what I am about to write, but I just love that expression. And you have to say it out loud: move-on-dot-org.I wonder if that website really exists?

Now let's cut to the chase and move on to the real reason why I am writing this post. I want an answer to the question of the headline: is there anyone out there? And if so, who? Step up, don't be mice. You can definitely be anonymous if you wish. But I would really appreciate if you, dear reader, would comment on this post. Maybe even by suggesting a topic for the next post. Or just say hi. It's up to you!

Comments

  1. Anonymous16/2/20 15:32

    Yes, I'm here. Hi! A topic for your next post...hmm... What are your thoughts about traveling, where you have been, where you'd like to go, and so on...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment